TFT’s Fates mid-set update introduces roster changes, new traits, a new ranked season, and new ways to celebrate the festival with enhanced levels of customization.
LOS ANGELES – January 4, 2021 – Today Riot Games announces Teamfight Tactics (TFT)’s latest mid-set update titled Fates: Festival of Beasts. The festival kicks off on January 20th (local times). Here, the Fates journey continues, with new traits and champions to outmanoeuvre your opponents. With the festivities also comes new personalization features, a new pass, and a new ranked season to prove your skills.
The following features will be available in this TFT mid-set update:
- Festival of the Beasts Pass and Festival of the Beasts Pass+ (Free and Paid progression-based features that allow players to unlock personalization content as they play)
- Thematic interactive arenas that react to the events of your game
- Festive Booms (Personalized Damage Animations)
- A new line of revel-themed Little Legends (Personalized Player Avatars)
- Ranked Rewards for players from the first half of Fates
- A new Ranked season with a soft reset and new rewards
TFT Fates: Festival of Beasts will also include the following gameplay changes:
- 6 traits removed
- 7 traits added including: Slayer, Fable, Dragonsoul, Executioner, Syphoner, and more
- 19 Champions have been removed
- 20 new Champions are joining the festival
- Samira and Tryndamere will be making their first appearances in TFT
TFT is an eight person free-for-all strategy game where players combine LoL champions and items in different formations to defeat the seven other players in a match. As the leading game in the auto-battler genre, players tactically place an army of characters on a grid-shaped game board for a last-player-standing automated battle. Since launching in 2019, TFT has emerged as the top contender in the genre, with over 80M players globally since its launch, providing a fun and deep chess-like gameplay experience for all types of players now on multiple platforms.
For more information, visit www.teamfighttactics.leagueoflegends.com
*All launch timing may vary across regions.
About Riot Games
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. As League enters its second decade, Riot continues to evolve the game while delivering new experiences to players withTeamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and multiple work-in-progress titles. Riot is also building the world of Runeterra through multimedia projects across music, comic books, board games, and the upcoming animated series Arcane. Founded by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill, and led by CEO Nicolo Laurent, Riot is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has 2,500+ Rioters in 20+ offices worldwide.