An Open Invitation to all Players in Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand, Starting October 27 (PT)
LOS ANGELES, USA – October 16, 2020 – Riot Games, the developer and publisher of League of Legends: Wild Rift, today revealed that Wild Rift is entering its first Regional Open Beta starting October 27 (PT) in Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand, with many more regions to follow in 2020 and early 2021. All players in those regions will have full access to Wild Rift, and Riot is offering an open invitation to all players to (re-)join the world and community of League of Legends.
Regional Open Beta:
Michael “Riot Paladin” Chow, Wild Rift’s executive producer, announced a number of upcoming events for current players and fans of Wild Rift:
- NEW LOCATIONS: Wild Rift will be expanding to new markets over the next few months. In December: Europe, Oceania, Vietnam, and Taiwan—and Riot is aiming to expand to the Americas in Spring 2021.
- NEW CHAMP: In a new patch, hitting later this month, Wild Rift will release one of the most popular junglers from League PC: Lee Sin, the Blind Monk. He still has all the high-skill outplay potential from the PC version, now adapted with seamless, mobile-friendly controls.
- CHAMP PREVIEWS: In that same patch, Riot is testing six future champions who will be totally free to play for a few days in October: Kai’sa, Evelynn, Akali, Darius, Draven, and League’s newest popstar, Seraphine.
- INGAME REWARDS: In South Korea and Japan, players can log in using their existing Riot Games accounts and earn rewards based on their time and monetary investment in League of Legends on PC. For the Southeast Asian regions in the Closed Beta, players can create and link a Riot Account and earn rewards like champs and skins later in the year.
- ROAD TO WILD RIFT: To honor the legacy and history of gaming in each Open Beta locale, Riot will release locally tailored content every day on the road to Open Beta. Influencer spotlights, guides, and community highlights will equip players with all they need to prepare for Wild Rift.
K/DA in Wild Rift:
League of Legends: Wild Rift joins K/DA’s multi-game comeback! K/DA is a pop girl group formed by Riot Games, featuring themed versions of champions from the online PC game, League of Legends. Initially inspired by K-pop, K/DA has since evolved to embrace a more global pop sound and formed its musical identity around the characters representing the girl group, Ahri, Evelynn, Akali, and Kai’Sa, instead of the vocals of any one individual talent.
The group debuted on November 3, 2018 with their viral hit sensation, POP/STARS, and a dedicated skinline in League of Legends. Since then, the girls officially made their comeback on August 27, 2020 with their pre-release single, THE BADDEST, which will be one of five songs on their upcoming EP, ALL OUT. At the end of October, players will be able to purchase K/DA ALL OUT Seraphine for 1325 Wild Cores, and K/DA ALL OUT Ahri, K/DA ALL OUT Akali, K/DA ALL OUT Evelynn and K/DA ALL OUT Kai’Sa for 990 Wild Cores each (Wild Rift’s paid currency).
Please find assets here: https://we.tl/t-0wIRIlMpd2
About Riot Games
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.
As League enters its second decade, Riot continues to evolve the game while delivering new experiences to players with Teamfight Tactics,Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and multiple work-in-progress titles. Riot is also building the world of Runeterra through multimedia projects across music, comic books, board games, and the upcoming animated series Arcane.
Founded by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill, and led by CEO Nicolo Laurent, Riot is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has 2,500+ Rioters in 20+ offices worldwide.